|Dr. Sol Qurashi
Dr. Qurashi went to Randwick Boys High and attended the Universities of NSW and Newcastle. He qualified as a doctor in year 2000 and spent the next 9 years specializing in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery through the Australian Orthopaedic Association (Sydney Training Program) and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons to qualify as a specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon (FRACS).
He then spent another year in Europe learning advanced techniques in Hip Arthroscopy, Primary and Revision Hip
and Knee Replacement Surgery and Knee Ligament Reconstruction.
Dr. Qurashi currently has multiple public and private hospital appointments in Sydney, and he consults at:
Bachelor of Medicine, University of Newcastle 2000
Internship and Residency, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney 2001-2002
FRACS I Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Advanced Training in Orthopaedic Surgery, Australian Orthopaedic Association
(Sydney Southside Training Program)
FRACS (Orth), Royal Australian College of Surgeons
Subspecialty Fellowship in ASSITOT/DIVOT, Germany
- Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery,
- Ligament Reconstruction Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
Superpath, Technique development
- San Diego CA USA
- Phoenix AZ, USA
- Denver CO, USA
Orthopaedic Surgeon to the ADF, Serving member.
NSW Medical Board (Now AHPRA) Registration since 2001
AMA member since 1999
Publications and Presentations at National/ International Conferences
- Qurashi S, Thomas S, Thomas W, Hip Arthroscopy- The European Experience, ASSITOT 2010
Presented at the Il Congresso, ASSITOT/DIVOT, Campidoglio, Roma, June, 2010
- S Qurashi, J Issacs, M Baba, Z Szomor, The diagnostic accuracy of Böhler’s angle in fractures of the Calcaneus, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St George Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Presented at The Annual American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons conference in LasVegas February 2009, submitted for publication to JBJS
- Presented at AORA 2008 Presented at the Australian Orthopaedic Association Annual Scientific Meeting 2008
- S Qurashi, GRV Mutton, Bilateral Total knee Replacements: A series of 41 cases in country NSW WA AOA, Perth 3rd April 2004
- A Bhimani, R Boyle, M Gillespie, P Morris, W Ishiesh, S Qurashi, A Prospective Randomised Control Trial Evaluating The Role Of Mechanical Acetabular Alignment Guide to Optimise Cup Position, AOA Annual Scientific Congress, ACT, November 2004
- Hans Van der Wall, Michael Magee, Loretta Reiter, Clayton Frater, Suleman Qurashi, Robert Loneragan, Degenerative spondylolysis: A concise report of scintigraphic observations. Rheumatology 2006; 45: 209-211.
- B Zicat, DM Rahme, K Swaraj, S Qurashi, R. Loneragan & H. Van der Wall, Septic arthritis of the acromioclavicular joint: Tc-99m leukocyte imaging. Clin Nucl Med 2006; 31: 145-146.
- S Qurashi, M Solomon, Free Periosteal Grafting: A case of free nonvascularised periosteal grafting in a child with segmental bone defect from infection, Annual Scientific Congress, November 2004
Professional Involvement and Achievements
- Masterclass Revision Hip and Knee Surgery, Zimmer Institute, Sydney, NSW, 2012
- KINESPRING Load Bypass Surgery, Moximed Institute , San Francisco, CA, USA 2012
- Advance Techniques in Pelvic Surgery AO, Graz, Austria, 2010
- Advance Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery Trauma, Graz, Austria, 2010
- Depuy Uncemented Total Hip Replacement workshop, Lyon, France 2010
- Total Ankle Replacement, Advance Techniques, Bristol, UK 2010
- Depuy Advance Trauma Workshop, Depuy Australia, Melbourne, 2009
- Hand and Wrist Trauma Workshop, Hand Innovations, Miami, Florida, 2008
- Computer Navigated Joint Replacement, Stryker Australia, 2005
- Applied Anatomy and Surgical Approaches and Dissection, Zimmer Institute, 2005
- Arthroscopic Surgery, Northern Clinical School, RNSH, 2004
- Arbietgeminschaft Osteosynthesefragen, Internal Fixation and Fracture Management, AO Oceania, 2004
- Basic Surgical Skills, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2002
- Early Management of Severe Trauma, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2002
- Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2004
Teaching and Community Involvement
- Directed teaching to Medical students from the University of Sydney at Nepean Hospital/ University Nepean Campus
- Directed teaching to Pre fellowship advance trainees in Orthopaedic Surgery training program
- Directed lectures and operative teaching to registrars, junior/senior medical and nursing staff at National Referral Hospital, Honiara, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands
(Outreach Pacific Program)
- Directed Orthopaedic teaching to junior medical staff and AMC candidates, Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital
- Anatomy Tutor, Department of Anatomy, University of Newcastle, Callaghan Campus Teaching Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Medical Radiation Technology at an undergraduate level.
Pacific Island Program Mission to Honiara, Guadalcanal, Solomon Island, Orthopaedic Outreach.
A program run by the Australian Orthopaedic Association providing orthopaedic care and teaching services to under privileged communities in Australia and in the Pacific region.
Team Doctor, South Sydney Juniors (Rabbitohs), NRL, 2005